Anxiety disorders affect over 40 million Americans each year. Some people are turning to alternative treatments like CBD to find relief instead of therapy and medication. Anxiety symptoms can be managed naturally with CBD gummies and CBD oil.
CBD Gummies for anxiety
Popular varieties include gummy bears, rings, worms, and other candy shapes. They come in bright colors and fruit flavors like apple, orange, pineapple, strawberry, and lemon. CBD gummies are discreet, portable, and one of the easiest ways to take CBD.
- Precise dosing – CBD gummies are available in pre-measured doses of 5-25mg CBD per gummy. This makes dosing easy. You precisely control how much CBD you take in.
- Flavor variety – Because gummies come in a wide variety of fruit flavors, they satisfy your sweet tooth while providing CBD. Flavor variety makes taking CBD more enjoyable.
- Longer-lasting effects – When you eat CBD gummies, the CBD is released slowly over hours as the gummies are digested, resulting in longer-lasting effects compared to other formats. This is ideal for managing chronic anxiety symptoms throughout the day.
- Easy to take – Taking cbd gummies for anxiety is as simple as chewing a piece of candy. There are no droppers, sprays, or devices needed. This makes gummies an approachable format for CBD novices.
Potential downsides of CBD gummies include their higher cost compared to other CBD formats, as well as the added calories from sugar in each gummy. It also takes longer to feel the effects of CBD gummies versus sublingual CBD oil.
CBD oil for anxiety
CBD oil is a concentrated liquid extract made from Cannabis sativa hemp that is ingested using a dropper. CBD oils vary in CBD potency, carrier oils, flavors, and other ingredients.
- Higher concentration – CBD oils contain much higher CBD concentrations than gummies, ranging from 125mg-5000mg per bottle. This makes CBD oil ideal for more severe anxiety that requires larger doses.
- Faster absorption – Using a dropper, CBD oil is placed under the tongue and held for 30-90 seconds before swallowing. This sublingual method allows the CBD to be rapidly absorbed into the bloodstream for a quicker onset of effects compared to edible CBD gummies.
- More versatility – CBD oils easily added to food or drinks, applied topically, or vaped using a CBD vape pen. This gives you more options for usage. CBD gummies only be taken orally as is.
- Natural flavor – CBD oil has an earthy, natural hemp flavor. CBD oils are an unflavored alternative to candy-flavored gummies for those who enjoy the taste of hemp. However, others find the earthy taste unappealing.
- Less expensive – CBD oil typically costs less than CBD gummies because it contains fewer ingredients. Those on a tight budget find CBD oil more affordable.
Potential downsides of CBD oil include the natural hemp flavor that some find unenjoyable, as well as the need for precise dosing. Gummies are easier to eat than this.